Why Businesses Need MobileThe future's mobile - and so are your customers
The Future “IS” Mobile…
Mobile technology is transforming the way we connect and communicate with each other – and this has transformed the way businesses must communicate with our customers too.
There are now more people looking for your website, independent online reviews, or to connect with you on social media on mobile devices – than there are on desktops and laptops!
So having a mobile optimised, customer friendly website where your customer can find the information they want quickly and easily is an absolute essential for businesses today.
In early 2015 Google announced they would be making an update to effectively penalise and demote websites that weren’t mobile friendly in their search engine rankings. They did this because they want to make sure their customers are getting the best possible experience when they’re using the Google search engine on their mobile phones – just like we all strive to give our customers the best possible service too.
Take the Mobile Friendly Test now to see how Google views and rates your website.
Having a mobile version of your business website…
• Converts more visitors into leads and customers by giving them a great experience, not a difficult and disappointing one, when they come to your website on their mobile phone.
• Makes sure your mobile visitor finds the information they are looking for quickly and easily… Where are you, what are your services, when are you open and how can they contact you?
• Eliminates the frustrating squinting, pinching, zooming and having to make navigation selections with “pin-point accuracy” that is the norm when viewing a regular website on a mobile phone.
When you give your visitors a better experience they are appreciative – and are much more responsive.
• Has much larger, thumb friendly, navigation link buttons to access the exact page you want to go to – first time around. Also everything is visible and accessible by just one vertical scroll – exactly like on a laptop or PC.
• Creates clear “calls to action” within the site that make it easier and encourage the visitor to contact you. Click to Call, Click to Email, Click to Text and Click for Map and Directions.
• Provides a consistent visitor experience across all major mobile providers – (no more missing images and it can convert difficult to read PDF pages into much more accessible pages within the mobile site)
Stand Alone Mobile Websites
A stand alone mobile website is a totally separate version which runs side by side with the desktop site and doesn’t affect it in any way.
A clever piece of code in the site then makes sure that mobile visitors are directed to the mobile version of the site, whilst visitors from larger devices still see the regular website.
In 2017 this is rarely the best way to go, but could be an option if…
1) Your current site looks great and functions as you need it to on larger size devices like PC’s, laptops and tablets
2) You want to highlight “Call to Action” features like Click to Call, Map and Email buttons, or
3) You are working with a tight budget, because this is usually a less expensive option
3 Easy Ways To Get More Customers From Google...